Friday 25 December 1953, Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Wasick and Kaarlo Maaninka.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. District Attorney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1953 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
Famous Birthdays:25 December
- Patsy Donovan: Irish-American baseball player and manager (d. 1953).
- Avalanche of lava kills 150 (Ruapehu volcano, New Zealand).
- The United States returns control of the Amami Islands, north of Okinawa, to Japan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?