Saturday 25 December 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Animal Farm, directed by Joy Batchelor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1954 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Robin Campbell: British reggae vocalist/guitarist (UB40 - "Red Red Wine").
- Steve Wariner in Noblesville: Indiana, USA; country singer ("Small Town Girl").
- Jeff Little: American baseball player, a right batting/left-throwing picther who played with the St.Louis Cardinals in 1980, and the Minnesota Twins in 1982, a total of 40 major league games.
- Steve Wariner: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Annie Lennox: Scottish musician and songwriter with androgynous looks.
- WSFA TV channel 12 in Montgomery, AL (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Rhythm and blues recording star Johnny Ace dies offstage during a show in Houston, Texas, by playing and losing at Russian Roulette.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?