Tuesday 25 December 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1956 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 December
- Robert Walser: Notable German-speaking Swiss writer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Johnnie Ray - Just Walkin' In The Rain
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Frankie Vaughan - The Green Door
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rip It Up
- Meet Me On The Corner - Max Bygraves
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?