Thursday 25 December 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1958 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Cheryl Chase: American voice actress and singer.
- Hanford Dixon: American football player coach and sportscaster.
- Konstantin Kinchev: Russian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Alisa).
- Alannah Myles: Canadian singer-songwriter and actress.
- Martin Wiesner: German footballer.
- Rickey Henderson: American baseball superstar who made his debut on American baseball player, an outfielder for the Oakland Athletics. Over the course of his career, Henderson has played for the Athletics a total of three times; he was originally signed by the team on 6/08/1976 after being selected in the fourth round of the free-agent draft. Henderson spent the first nine years of his career with the A's, as is near-custom he spent the initial four years of his play with Oakland-affiliated minor league teams thr
- Rickey Henderson in Chicago: Illinois, USA; baseball player (stolen base king, Oakland Athletics, New York Yankees).
- Tchaikovsky's ballet ''The Nutcracker'' (the George Balanchine version) is shown on prime-time television in color for the first time, as an episode of the CBS anthology series ''Playhouse 90''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?