Saturday 25 December 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Brand New Key by Melanie.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
Straw Dogs, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1971 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Dido : English singer.
- Noel Hogan: Irish guitarist and producer (The Cranberries Mono Band and Arkitekt).
- Justin Trudeau: Canadian politician, the 23rd Prime Minister of Canada, as well as the Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada.
- Terry Vaughn: Canadian Football League receiver (Calgary Stampeders).
- Marlon Forbes: safety (Chicago Bears).
- Byron Arnold: Composer, dies at 70.
- Operation PUSH (People United to Save Humanity) form Jesse Jackson
- Worst hotel fire in history kills 163 at Taeyokale Hotel in Seoul, South Korea.
- Longest NFL game (82 minutes 40 seconds) as Miami Dolphins beat Kansas City Chiefs 27-24.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Sonny & Cher - All I Ever Need Is You
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- David Cassidy - Cherish
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?