Tuesday 25 December 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1973 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Robbie Elliott: English footballer and coach.
- Chris Harris: American professional wrestler.
- Daisuke Miura: Japanese baseball player and coach.
- Alexandre Trudeau: Canadian filmmaker and journalist from a noted political family, known as Sacha.
- Ismet Inonu: Turkish statesman (Born 1884).
- The ARPANET crashes when a programming bug causes all ARPANET traffic to be routed through the server at Harvard University, causing the server to freeze.
- Tommy Chambers (Scotland) finishes 51-year cycle tour (799,405 miles).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 December 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?