Saturday 25 December 1976, Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Vermillion and Yazmin Fiallos.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage of the Damned, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching L'opéra sauvage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Quiz Show or Sprint 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1976 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Scott Vermillion: Independence, Missouri -- Soccer defender (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Yazmin Fiallos: Miss Universe - Honduras (1996).
- Armin van Buuren: Dutch DJ & Producer.
- Tuomas Holopainen: Finnish keyboard player songwriter and producer (Nightwish and For My Pain.
- Tim James: American basketball player and coach.
- Atko Väikmeri: Estonian footballer
- Frankie Darro: Actor (Radio Ranch, Valley of Wanted Men), dies at 58.
- Egyptian SS Patria sinks in Red Sea, about 100 killed
- Takeo Fukuda becomes Japanese premier.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1976?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?