Sunday 25 December 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
The Flowers of War, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 25 December 2011 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 December
- The Sudanese People's Armed Forces claim that the leader of the Justice and Equality Movement in Darfur, Khalil Ibrahim, has been killed. (Xinhua)
- At least 39 people are killed and many injured in a series of attacks against churches in Nigeria during Christmas prayers. The Islamic group Boko Haram claims responsibility. (''USA Today'')
- The Syrian opposition urge the Arab League to visit the city of Homs before the government reportedly uses force to end dissent in the area. (Al Jazeera)
- Pope Benedict XVI delivers the annual Christmas message at Saint Peter's Square in Vatican City. (CNN)
- At least 38 migrants from Haiti are found dead after their boat sank off the east coast of Cuba. (Al Jazeera)
- State Emergency Service volunteers respond to more than 3000 calls for help after Melbourne, Australia is hit by a series of storms bringing rainstorms, hail and a tornado. (''The Australian'')
- Faezeh Hashemi, the daughter of former President of Iran Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, stands trial on charges of making anti-regime propaganda. (Yahoo Maktoob)
- The warmest temperature ever recorded at the South Pole is set with a top of -12.3°C set at the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station. (Weather Underground)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?