Saturday 25 February 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney Furie .
Mystery of the Wax Museum, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1933 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Sidney Furie: Canadian-American producer-director, working in Canadian TV at 21 and moving into feature films in 1957.
- 1st genuine aircraft carrier christened, USS Ranger
- Major NFL rule changes: hash mark 10 yards in, posts on goal line.
- Thomas Yawkey purchases the Boston Red Sox.
- The USS Ranger is launched. It is the first US Navy ship to be built solely as an aircraft carrier.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?