Wednesday 25 February 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Garrett Glaser and Jose Maria Aznar.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1953 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Garrett Glaser: Entertainment correspondent (Entertainment Tonight).
- Jose Maria Aznar: Spanish politician.
- Jose Aznar: Spanish lawyer and politician who served as prime minister of Spain from 1996 to 2004.
- José Aznar: Spanish academic and politician Prime Minister of Spain.
- Kim Yeong-cheol: South Korean actor.
- Wonderful Town opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 559 performances
- Release, in France, of Jacques Tati's film ''Les vacances de M. Hulot'', introducing the ''gauche'' character of Monsieur Hulot.
- James D. Watson and Francis Crick of the University of Cambridge announce their discovery of the structure of the DNA molecule.
- Greece, Turkey, and Yugoslavia sign the Balkan Pact.
- Joseph Stalin suffers a stroke after an all-night dinner with Soviet Union interior minister Lavrenty Beria and future premiers Georgi Malenkov, Nikolai Bulganin and Nikita Khrushchev. The stroke paralyzes the right side of his body and renders him unconscious until his death on March 5.
- Bernard Freyberg, 1st Baron Freyberg is made deputy constable and lieutenant governor of Windsor Castle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?