Tuesday 25 February 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Le Doulos, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1964!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1964 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Don Majkowski: American football player and sportscaster.
- Don Topley: English cricketer.
- Luigi Troiani: Italian rugby player.
- Lee Evans: English comedian.
- Steve Nevius: Film editor (Eden, Fall Time, Damascus).
- David Logan (politician): a British Labour Party politician (Born 1871).
- Grace Metalious: American writer, a novelist whose book, "Peyton Place," published on 6/24/1956, centered on small town scandal and sex.
- Hinrich Lohse: a Nazi German politician (Born 1896).
- Johnny Burke (lyricist): (Born 1908).
- Kenneth Lee Spencer: American opera singer and actor (Born 1913).
- Austrian chancellor Alfons Gorbach resigns.
- Cassius Clay (later Muhammad Ali) beats Sonny Liston in the Muhammad Ali vs. Sonny Liston world heavyweight boxing title fight. This is Clay's 20th pro boxing fight and first heavyweight title.
- Eastern Air Lines Flight 304 crashes in Louisiana's Lake Pontchartrain, killing all 51 passengers and 7 crew.
- North Korean Prime Minister Kim Il-sung calls for the removal of feudalistic land ownership aimed at turning all cooperative farms into state-run ones.
- U.S. Air Force launches a satellite employing a US Air Force Atlas/Agena combination from Point Arguello (LC-2-3) in California and from Cape Kennedy in Florida.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- Dale & Grace - Stop And Think It Over
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?