Sunday 25 February 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Hulse and Dominique Fillon.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hauptstraße Glück.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1968 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- David Hulse: US baseball outfielder (Texas Rangers).
- Dominique Fillon: French musician.
- Sandrine Kiberlain: French actress-singer, daughter of an accountant, her four grandparents were Polish Jews.
- Evridiki : Greek Cypriot singer.
- Camille Huysmans: Socialist writer and statesman, a leader of the moderate wing of the Flemish nationalist movement during the first decades of the 20th century, and prime minister of Belgium from 1946 to 1947.
- 430 Unification Church couples wed in Korea.
- Makarios re-elected President of Cyprus.
- Vietnam War: 135 unarmed citizens of Ha My village in South Vietnam's Quang Nam Province are killed and buried en masse by South Korean troops in what would come to be known as the Ha My massacre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?