Wednesday 25 February 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Associate by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 25 February 2009 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 February
- Philip Jose Farmer: American novelist (Born 1918).
- BDR massacre in Pilkhana, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 74 people are killed, including more than 50 army officials, by Bangladeshi Border Guards inside its headquarters.
- The United Nations' Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs estimates that 15,000 refugees have fled from southern Darfur to the Zam Zam refugee camp in the north. (CNN)
- United States President Barack Obama nominates former Washington Governor Gary Locke to serve as the next Secretary of Commerce. (''Baltimore Sun'')
- An improvised explosive device kills three British Army soldiers in the Gerishk District of Afghanistan's Helmand Province. (CNN)
- Three people set themselves on fire near Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China. (BBC)
- Iran tests its first nuclear power plant at Bushehr. (''Guardian'')
- Turkish Airlines Flight 1951 crashes at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport, killing nine people and injuring 84. (BBC)
- The Bangladesh Rifles mutiny in Dhaka, killing one person and injuring eight. (AFP via Google News)
- Antarctica's subglacial Gamburtsev Mountain Range is mapped. (BBC)
- Two thousand Gardaí protest against Ireland's government at Dublin's Leinster House. (RTÉ)
- A bus crashes in Indian-administered Kashmir, killing 35 people and injuring 15. (BBC)
- The Special Court for Sierra Leone convicts three Revolutionary United Front commanders of war crimes and crimes against humanity during an 11-year civil war. (BBC)
- Former Estonian Police Chief Herman Simm is jailed for 12.5 years for selling classified information on NATO to Russia. (BBC)
- Serbia suspends 11 Belgrade corrections officers for aiding the escape of assassin Milorad Ulemek. (BBC)
- Japan's exports plunged 45.7% in January 2009. (BBC)
- Islamist terrorist group Al-Shabaab seizes Hudur, Somalia. (BBC)
- The U.S. arrests 750 people in a national crackdown on Mexican drug cartels. (BBC)
- A Syrian arms dealer is jailed for 30 years for conspiring to sell weapons to Colombia's Revolutionary Armed Forces. (BBC)
- Former Indian Communications Minister Sukhram is jailed for three years for corruption. (BBC)
- An Australian study classifies a fossilized fish as one of the earliest known vertebrates to use internal fertilization. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 February 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?