Thursday 25 February 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Remember Me, directed by Allen Coulter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 February 2010 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 February
- Ihsan Dogramac?: Turkish academic and the founder of YOK (Born 1915).
- President Hugo Chávez vows to withdraw Venezuela from the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights following its publication of a highly critical report on human rights in the country. (''Guardian'')
- Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi calls for jihad against Switzerland after a referendum last year supported a ban on minarets and other rows between the two nations. (''Taiwan News'')
- Defeated Sri Lanka presidential candidate General Sarath Fonseka is charged with additional counts in addition to treason in the aftermath of his failed election bid. (''The Hindu'')
- Turkey's prime minister and president hold talks with the head of the country's armed forces over an investigation into an alleged military coup. (BBC)
- South Africa announces it has intercepted a ship carrying North Korean arms destined for central Africa, travelling by way of China, in violation of Security Council Resolution 1874. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Australia summons the Israeli ambassador to explain why three new suspects over the Dubai killing of a Hamas leader, Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, used Australian passports. (BBC)
- Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin makes history as he leads a 10-member delegation to Gaza via Egypt, becoming the first EU Foreign Minister to visit since the 2009 Israeli assault after having previously been refused entry by Israel. He calls on Israel to end the blockade. (RTÉ)
- Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva tours Haiti to monitor the destruction caused by the recent earthquake and meets President René Préval. (Press TV)
- Viktor Yanukovych is sworn in as the as 4th President of Ukraine. (CNN)
- A fire at the Garib Garib Sweater Factory clothes factory in Gazipur, Bangladesh kills at least 18 people and injures more than 50 others. (BBC)
- The chief of Algeria's national police, Ali Tounsi, is fatally shot in his office in a retaliatory murder–suicide. (BBC)
- The International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) jails Lieut-Col Eprem Setako, the Ministry of Defence's former head of legal affairs, for 25 years after finding him guilty of genocide and crimes against humanity. (BBC)
- The Congressional Black Caucus appeals to American President Barack Obama and Democratic congressional leaders for tougher efforts to reduce racial disparities in the U.S. health system, saying there are four critical areas not addressed by Obama's plan. (Politico)
- Filming on the set of ''Coronation Street'' is suspended as actors and fans gather at Salford Cathedral to celebrate the life of veteran actress Maggie Jones (Blanche Hunt). (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?