Thursday 25 January 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1900 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Theodosius Dobzhansky: Ukrainian-American geneticist and biologist (d. 1975).
- Yojiro Ishizaka: Japanese writer (d. 1986).
- Istvan Fekete: Hungarian writer (d. 1970).
- István Fekete: Hungarian author (d. 1970).
- Yōjirō Ishizaka: Japanese author and educator (d. 1986).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1900 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mandy Lee - Albert Campbell
- If you Were Only Mine - Albert Campbell
- I'd Leave My Happy Home for You - Edward M. Favor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?