Wednesday 25 January 1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Wonderful Beehive, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1905!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1905 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Maria Trapp: Austrian-American musician and famous wife of Baron von Trapp, a homemaker, lecturer and organizer of the "Trapp Family Singers.
- Edouard Mac'Avoy: Caudéran-Bordeaux Painters.
- Édouard Mac-Avoy: French painter and portraitist.
- Maurice Roy: French-Canadian Roman Catholic cardinal (d. 1985).
- Margery Sharp: English author and educator (d. 1991).
- Largest diamond, Cullinan (3106 carets), found in South Africa
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1905 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Little Canoe - Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 January 1905 and get them!