Monday 25 January 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Eyrolles and Henri Flamand.
Les heures - Épisode 4: Le soir, la nuit, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1909 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Marc Eyrolles: French publisher, head of the publishing house 'Les Éditions Eyrolles' created in 1925 by his father Léon Eyrolles.
- Henri Flamand: Aigre EXecutives.
- Richard Strauss' opera Elektra receives its debut performance at the Dresden State Opera.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?