Saturday 25 January 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Bärenringkampf, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1913 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Huang Hua: Chinese translator and politician 5th Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China (d. 2010).
- Witold Lutosławski: Polish composer and conductor (d. 1994).
- Luis Marden: American photographer and journalist (d. 2003).
- Marcel Haedrich: France Writer.
- Witold Lutoslaski: Polish composer and orchestral conductor.
- Vido Musso: Italian-American jazz musician, a tenor sax clarinetist who played jazz with the greats such as Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa, Harry James and Woody Herman. His family originally emigrated from Italy to Detroit in 1920 and he began playing clarinet in the late '20s. Musso moved to Los Angeles, CA in 1930, working with bands and playing in his own band on occasion. From 1947, he was mainly active in leading his own bands on the west coast. He died January 9, 1982 in Rancho Mirage, CA, age 68.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Ghost of the Violin - Peerless Quartet
- Homeland - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Row! Row! Row! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Oh Promise Me - Alan Turner
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 January 1913 and get them!