Thursday 25 January 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Mist in the Valley, directed by Cecil M. Hepworth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1923 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Eva Zeller: Writer.
- Shirley Ardell Mason: American psychiatric patient (d. 1998).
- Renato De Carmine: Italian stage, film and television actor.
- Shirley Mason: American woman who was diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder or "multiple personalities" and whose sessions with her psychiatrist gave rise to the 1973 book and the 1976 movie "Sybil.
- Alberto Piccinini: Italy sport Champion.
- Arvid Carlsson: Swedish scientist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- Rusty Draper: American country and pop singer (Born 1923)
- Sally Starr: American actress and television host (d. 2013)
- Jean Taittinger: French politician French Minister of Justice (d. 2012)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nellie Kelly, I Love You - Prince's Orchestra
- Goodbye - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?