Monday 25 January 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Tynan Halton and Don Maynard NFL receiver (New York Jets).
You Only Live Once, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Cook's Night Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1937 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Kathleen Tynan Halton: Writer.
- Don Maynard NFL receiver (New York Jets): #13.
- Ange-Felix Patasse: Central African Republican politician.
- Judith Ann Mayotte: American humanitarian and author.
- Barbara Rooney: American Beauty Queen and starlet, the fifth wife of actor Mickey Rooney, married 12/01/1958; four kids.
- Ange-Félix Patassé: Central African engineer and politician President of the Central African Republic (d. 2011)
- 1st broadcast of Guiding Light on NBC radio
- Soap Opera Guiding Light premieres on radio
- Miami-to-Tampa bus overturns in a canal, kills 13.
- The Guiding Light debuts on NBC radio from Chicago. In 1952 it moves to CBS television, where it remains until Sept. 18, 2009.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?