Sunday 25 January 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shinobu Tsukasa and Eusebio .
Woman of the Year, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1942 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Shinobu Tsukasa: Japanese organized crime figure.
- Eusebio : Portuguese footballer.
- Eusébio : Mozambican-Portuguese footballer (d. 2014).
- Carl Eller: American football player and sportscaster.
- Kenichi Shinoda: Japanese mob boss.
- Eugene Samuel-Holeman: Composer, dies at 78.
- Lieutenant General Rommels African corps reaches Msus
- World War II: Thailand declares war on the United States and United Kingdom.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?