Tuesday 25 January 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Bertrand and Paule Constant.
Phantom Lady, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1944 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Yves Bertrand: French intelligence officer and the General Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (RG) of the French police from 1992 to 2004.
- Paule Constant: French novelist, graduated with a PhD in literature from Sorbonne University.
- Tōru Emori: Japanese actor and director.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Shining Hour - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
- Tommy Dorsey & Jo Stafford & Pied Pipers - Embraceable You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?