Friday 25 January 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Bend of the River, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1952 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Peter Tatchell: Australian-born British political campaigner best known for his work with LGBT social movements (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender).
- Oriella Dorella: Italian ballet dancer, who studied at La Scala Theatre Ballet School for 8 years, and in 1975 made her official debut as a dancer, becoming the 'étoile' (star) of La Scala Theatre Ballet in 1986.
- Sara Mandiano: French singer and songwriter.
- Timothy White: American journalist author and critic (d. 2002).
- Test debut of Richie Benaud, versus West Indies at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?