Sunday 25 January 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1953 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- The Honky Tonk Man: American professional wrestler.
- The Honky Man: Wrestler.
- Malcolm Green: rocker (Split Enz - "I Got You").
- Mark Weil: Russian-Uzbek director and producer (d. 2007).
- WABI TV channel 5 in Bangor, ME (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Yuri Sergejev skates world record 500m in 40.9 seconds.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Four Knights - Oh, Happy Day
- Oh Happy Day - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?