Friday 25 January 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Elizabeth Thomsen and Jeff Gossett.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1957 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Martha Elizabeth Thomsen: Moses Lake, Washington -- Playmate (May, 1980).
- Jeff Gossett: NFL punter (Oakland Raiders).
- Edmund Theodore: Sylvers; rocker (Sylvers).
- Andrew P Harris: American politician.
- Andrew Collins: British historian and writer.
- Jenifer Lewis: American actress
- Eskil Erlandsson: Swedish technologist and politician Swedish Minister for Rural Affairs
- Andrew Harris: American commander physician and politician
- FBI arrests Jack and Myra Sobel, charged with spying for the USSR.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 January 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?