Friday 25 January 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1957 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Andrew P Harris: American politician.
- Jeff Gossett: NFL punter (Oakland Raiders).
- Edmund Theodore: Sylvers; rocker (Sylvers).
- Jenifer Lewis: American actress.
- Martha Elizabeth Thomsen: Moses Lake, Washington -- Playmate (May, 1980).
- Eskil Erlandsson: Swedish technologist and politician Swedish Minister for Rural Affairs
- Andrew Harris: American commander physician and politician
- Andrew Collins: British historian and writer. As a teenager, he became a UFO investigator, and in 1977 he investigated the first-ever missing time abduction case reported in the UK. He became a journalist with the magazine Strange Phenomena and openly sought the help of psychics in an attempt to better understand the relationship between UFOs, prehistoric sites, earth energies, and the human mind. As a science and history writer, he has authored a variety of books that challenge the way we perceive the past, in
- FBI arrests Jack and Myra Sobel, charged with spying for the USSR.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 January 1957 and get them!