Saturday 25 January 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1969 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Dave Ingram: A death metal rock vocalist and radio presenter.
- Penny Moore: WNBA guard / forward (Charlotte Sting).
- Heidi Wolfgramm: rocker (Jets).
- Jesse Harte in Rome: Georgia, USA; heavy metal vocalist (Southgang-Tainted Angel).
- Nolan Harrison NFL defensive tackle (Oakland Raiders: Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Kina : American singer-songwriter (Brownstone)
- Sergei Ovchinnikov: Russian volleyball player and coach (d. 2012)
- Irene Castle: English dancer (Born 1887).
- US-North Vietnamese peace talks begin in Paris, France.
- Brazilian Army captain Carlos Lamarca deserts in order to fight against the military dictatorship, taking with him 10 machine guns and 63 rifles.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?