Sunday 25 January 1976
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To) by Diana Ross.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1976 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Stephanie Bellars: American wrestler and manager.
- Mário Haberfeld: Brazilian race car driver.
- Dimitris Nalitzis: Greek footballer.
- Mario Haberfeld: Brazilian racing car driver.
- Tara Fleming in North York: Ontario, Canada; LPGA golfer (1992 LPGA Corning-10th).
- Chris Kenner: American singer and songwriter (Born 1929).
- Surinder Amarnath scores 124 on Test debut India versus New Zealand Auckland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
- David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing A Song
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Sailor - Glass Of Champagne
- Abba - Mamma Mia
- Laurel & Hardy With The Avalon Boys featuring Chill Wills - The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine
- In Dulce Jubilo / On Horseback - Mike Oldfield
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?