Sunday 25 January 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to At This Moment (Live) by Billy Vera.
In UK Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson was in the top 5 hits.
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1987!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1987 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Japeth Aguilar: Filipino basketball player.
- Maria Kirilenko: Russian tennis player.
- Jake Roper: YouTube Star.
- Super Bowl XXI: New York Giants beat Denver Broncos, 39-20 in Pasadena Super Bowl MVP: Phil Simms, New York Giants, QB
- 75th Australian Mens Tennis: S Edberg beats Pat Cash (6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 5-7, 6-3).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 January 1987 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?