Monday 25 January 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Natalie Hall and Tatiana Golovin.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Need You Tonight by INXS.
In UK Heaven Is A Place On Earth by Belinda Carlisle was in the top 5 hits.
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Ninja War Jiraiya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Emlyn Hughes International Soccer or Ninja Gaiden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1988!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1988 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:25 January
- George Harrison releases When We Was Fab
- VP Bush and Dan Rather clash on CBS Evening News as Rather attempts to question Bush about his role in Iran-Contra affair
- Ramsewak Shankar sworn in as President of Suriname.
- 15th American Music Awards: Anita Baker, Paul Simon and Whitney Houston.
- Longest winless streak in Toronto Maple Leafs history (15 games).
- Vice President George H.W. Bush and Dan Rather clash on CBS Evening News as Rather attempts to question Bush about his role in the Iran-Contra affair.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Elton John - Candle In The Wind (Live)
- Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?