Thursday 25 January 1996
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Calum Hood and Gabie Dinsbeer.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Earth Song by Michael Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
From Dusk Till Dawn, directed by Robert Rodriguez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Rainmaker by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sunday Night Sex Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DeathDrome or Tomb Raider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1996!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1996 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:25 January
- Billy Bailey became the last person to be hanged in the United States of America.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?