Thursday 25 January 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 25 January 2007 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 January
- A curfew is imposed in Beirut after deadly clashes erupted between pro-government supporters and Hezbollah-led factions. (CNN)
- 276 passengers and 28 crew onboard the Cunard Line's RMS ''Queen Elizabeth 2'' are sickened by the norovirus during its 2007 circumnavigation of the world. (The Times)
- Oleg Khinsagov is sentenced to 8.5 years imprisonment for smuggling highly enriched uranium from Russia to Georgia. (Reuters)
- Thirty-three people are killed when a bus plunges down a ravine near Huautla de Jiménez in the north of the Mexican state of Oaxaca. (El Universal)
- An earthquake measuring 6.2 Mampsubampwamp/subamp strikes Taiwan's east coast. There is no report of damage or injuries. (San Diego Union-Tribune)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?