Saturday 25 July 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1908 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Joseph Mitchell: Writer.
- Bill Bowes: English cricketer (d. 1987).
- Semmangudi Iyer: Indian singer (d. 2003).
- Ambroise-Marie Carré: French Catholic priest, author and member of the Académie française.
- Jack Gilford: Actor (Cracker Jacks), dies at 82.
- Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer: Indian musician (d. 2003)
- Ajinomoto is founded. Kikunae Ikeda of the Tokyo Imperial University discovers that a key ingredient in Konbu soup stock is monosodium glutamate (MSG), and patents a process for manufacturing it.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rigoletto - La Donna E' Mobile (Woman is Fickle) - Enrico Caruso
- Kiss Duet - Henry Burr
- Honey, Won't You Please Come Down? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Summertime Medley - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?