Friday 25 July 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raul Ruiz and Nate Thurmond.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1941 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Raul Ruiz: Puerto Mott, Chile -- Actor (Lexot, Capitolo 66).
- Nate Thurmond: American athlete, pro basketball player for 14 seasons beginning in 1963.
- Emmett Till: .
- Manny Charlton: Spanish-Scottish guitarist (Nazareth and Manny Charlton Band).
- Billy Hardwick: American bowler (d. 2013).
- Raúl Ruiz: Chilean-French director producer and screenwriter (d. 2011)
- Peter Suschitzky: Polish-English cinematographer
- Donna Theodore: American actress and singer
- FDR bans selling benzine / gasoline to Japan
- Red Sox Lefty Grove becomes 12th to win 300 games (his last victory)
- The Postal Code system is introduced in Germany.
- WWII: In response to the Japanese occupation of French Indo-China, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders the seizure of all Japanese assets in the United States.
- WWII: General Douglas MacArthur is named commander of all U.S. forces in the Philippines the Philippines Army is ordered nationalized by President Roosevelt.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?