Tuesday 25 July 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helga I "Mijanou" van Baarzel and Molly Bennett Aiken.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1944 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Helga I "Mijanou" van Baarzel: Dutch actress (Klaverweide-Alicia).
- Molly Bennett Aiken: Founder (riding for the handicapped).
- Tom Dawes: Rocker.
- François Besse: French criminal, a thief and hold-up gangster.
- Didier Couécou: French football (soccer) player who played striker.
- John LaCorte: American astrologer and professor at Cal State Dominguez, he sponsored ISAR conferences. He has a Ph.D. in philosophy.
- Fred Scherman: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers (1969-1973), Houston Astros (1974-1975) and Montreal Expos (1975-1976).
- Didier Couecou:
- Sally Beauman: English journalist and author
- 1st jet fighter used in combat (Messerschmitt 262)
- US troop march into Guam
- (0938 hours) In France, Operation Cobra begins, with eight squadrons of the US 8th Air Force bombers attacking an area south of the St.L?-PTriers highway, in preparation for a breakout operation by the US 1st Army. 1500 heavy bombers, 380 medium bombers, and 550 fighter-bombers drop 4000 tons of bombs and napalm. Short bombing kills 111 Americans, and injures 490. The operation is incredibly effective.
- World War II: Operation Spring : one of the bloodiest days for the First Canadian Army during the war: 1,500 casualties, including 500 killed.
- WWII ampndash Operation Spring: One of the bloodiest days for Canadians during the war results in 1,550 casualties, including 450 killed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?