Thursday 25 July 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Reform School Girl, directed by Edward Bernds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1957 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Bogdan Musiol: in German Democratic Republic; bobsled (Olympic-bronze-1980).
- Daniel W Bursch: Bristol, Pennsylvania -- Lieutenant Commander USN / Astronaut (STS 51, 68, 77).
- Ray Billingsley: Comic strip cartoonist (Curtis).
- Mark Hunter: English politician.
- Steve Podborski: Canadian downhill ski racer.
- Monarchy in Tunisa abolished in favor of a republic.
- The Republic of Tunisia is proclaimed.
- Tunisia becomes a republic, with Habib Bourguiba its first president.
- The 6th World Festival of Youth and Students, a high point of the Khruschev Thaw, kicks off in Moscow.
- Heavy rains and mudslides at Isahaya, western Kyūshū, Japan, kill 992.
- A strong earthquake shakes Mexico City and Mexican port city Acapulco.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnnie and Joe - Over The Mountain; Across The Sea
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?