Wednesday 25 July 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Buncic and Michael Feist.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The French Chef.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1962 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Mike Buncic: Paterson, New Jersey -- Discus thrower.
- Michael Feist: German Uranian astrologer and IT specialist, grandson of astrologer Ludwig Rudolph, via his mother Heimtraut, Rudolph's daughter.
- Étienne Leenhardt: French television journalist who from March 2004 was deputy director of information at France 2, and from September 2008 presented the programme, "Un œil sur la planète" (An Eye on the Planet).
- Carin Bakkum: Dutch tennis player.
- Doug Drabek: Victoria, Texas -- Pitcher (Houston Astros, New York Yankees).
- Thibaudeau Rinfret: Canadian lawyer and jurist 9th Chief Justice of Canada (d. 1962).
- House passes bill requiring equal pay for equal work regardless of sex
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 July 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Dee Dee Sharp - Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes)
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?