Tuesday 25 July 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
John Tucker Must Die, directed by Betty Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Angels Fall by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 25 July 2006 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 July
- The Interstate Abortion Bill is passed by the United States Senate. The bill would make it illegal for non-parents to take a minor to another state to obtain an abortion without parental consent. (Congress Record, Not yet updated)
- Typhoon Kaemi hits Taiwan with 119 kilometre winds, injuring four people. The landfall in Jinjiang, Fujian 4 hours later prompts the evacuation of more than 500,000 residents in Fujian and Zhejiang, where Typhoon Bilis claimed 612 lives. (Xinhua)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Operation Summer Rains):
- 2006 Kodori Gorge clashes: Georgia sends a military force to the Kodori Valley in the breakaway Abkhazia region, prompting a warning from Russia. (BBC)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Israeli army radio reports that Israeli Army chief of staff Dan Halutz has ordered the air force to destroy 10 multi-story buildings in the Dahiya district (of Beirut) in response to every rocket fired on Haifa. As of Sunday the ratio of reported deaths was more than 17:1. (Scoop)
- Four UN peacekeepers die after being, according to the United Nations, shelled 14 times by Israeli artillery, and a rescue team was also shelled as it tried to clear the rubble. ampquotI am shocked and deeply distressed by the apparently deliberate targeting by IDF of a UN Observer post in southern Lebanon,ampquot UN Secretary General Kofi Annan said in a statement from Rome. Israeli ambassadors expressed regret but called the assertion that the attacks were deliberate ampquotbaselessampquot.
- An Israeli air strike destroys two Red Cross ambulances. (The Guardian)
- 2006 Ukraine parliament crisis. Ukraine's parliament, Verkhovna Rada, misses the deadline to form a coalition, facing a possible dissolution. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?