Wednesday 25 July 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Bourne Legacy, directed by Tony Gilroy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 25 July 2012 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 July
- Syrian civil war:
- The Syrian Army reportedly fires rockets and artillery barrages at the rebel-held Damascus suburb of Al-Tall. (Al-Jazeera)
- Lamia al-Hariri, Syrian ambassador to Cyprus, and her husband Abdelatif al-Dabbagh, Syrian ambassador to the UAE, defect to Qatar. (''Al Arabiya'')
- Nine people are killed overnight in ethnic clashes in the Indian state of Assam with the total death toll since last Friday being 35. (AFP via ''New Straits Times'')
- Egan-Jones Ratings Company downgrades Italy to CCC+ from B+, saying the country has a one-year default probability of 22%. (MarketWatch)
- Official figures indicate economic output in the United Kingdom fell by 0.7% between April and June, meaning the recession has deepened in the country. (BBC)
- A 6.4 magnitude earthquake occurs off the Indonesian island of Sumatra with one man dying while fleeing his home. (AFP via Google News)
- The court hearings are rescheduled for Leonid Khabarov, an alleged mastermind behind the new Russian revolution. (ITAR-TASS)
- A private South Korean committee announces that it plans to file a lawsuit with the International Criminal Court against North Korea over repatriation of prisoners of war and remains of soldiers killed in the Korean War. (Yonhap)
- Guo Jinlong resigns as the Mayor of the Chinese capital Beijing with Wang Anshun appointed as the acting mayor. (Xinhua)
- Pranab Mukherjee is sworn in as the President of India. (IBN Live).
- North Korea state media declares the marriage of Kim Jong-un and Ri Sol-ju. (BBC)
- Ivica Dačić is sworn in as the Prime Minister of Serbia.
- The 2012 Summer Olympics commences in Great Britain with the Women's football tournament. (CNN-IBN)
- The UK's Manchester Airport launches an inquiry after an 11-year-old boy boarded a plane to Rome unaccompanied, and without passport, tickets or boarding pass. (''The Guardian'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?