Monday 25 June 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Racket, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1928 ?
- Alexei Abrikosov: Russian-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Michel Brault: Canadian director producer and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Bill Russo: American pianist and composer (d. 2003).
- Moray Watson: English actor.
- William Joseph Russo: Composer.
- Peyo : Belgian cartoonist, a giant in his field, creator of the "Smurfs".
- Alex Toth: American cartoonist whose work spanned several decades. An only child of artistic and musical parents, he began doodling at the age of three. As he grew his pen and pencil were busy sketching the characters that appeared in his imagination as he listened to the radio. While studying illustration at the High School of Industrial Arts, he received his first paid assignment. After graduation he worked on "Heroic Comics" and was later hired in 1947 by yet another comics company. From 1954 to 1956 he
- New York Giants' Fred Lindstrom ties record of 9 hits in a doubleheader.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?