Monday 25 June 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Earth vs. the Flying Saucers, directed by Fred F. Sears, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1956 ?
- Anthony Bourdain: American chef and author.
- Frank Paschek: German long jumper.
- Boris Trajkovski: Macedonian politician 2nd President of the Republic of Macedonia (d. 2004).
- Craig Young: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Ernest J King: US fleet Admiral / Chief of Naval Operations, dies at 77.
- 51 die in collision of Andrea Doria andStockholm (Cape Cod)
- WKNO TV channel 10 in Memphis, TN (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?