Tuesday 25 June 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
An Affair to Remember, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1957 ?
- Greg Millen: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Jonathan Winters Show, last airs on NBC-TV
- The United Church of Christ is formed in Cleveland, Ohio, by the merger of the Congregational Christian Churches and the Evangelical and Reformed Church.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?