Thursday 25 June 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lutz Dombrowski and Jari Puikkonen.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
Anatomy of a Murder, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Juke Box Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1959 ?
- Lutz Dombrowski: German long jumper and educator.
- Jari Puikkonen: Finnish ski jumper.
- Efren Reyes: Jr.
- Paris Themmen: American actor.
- Bobbie Vaile: Australian astrophysicist and astronomer (d. 1996).
- Charles Starkweather: American homicide; a mass murderer by the time he was 18.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 June 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- The Coasters - Along Came Jones
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?