Tuesday 25 June 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Stanley and Si-An Deng.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Ivan's Childhood, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1963 ?
- Mike Stanley: Fort Lauderdale, Florida -- Catcher (New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox).
- Si-An Deng: Shanghai, China -- Canadian badminton player (1996 Olympics).
- Yann Martel: Spanish-born Canadian novelist.
- John Benjamin Hickey: American actor.
- Sabina Guzzanti: Italian actress in theater and films, the sister of director Corrado Guzzanti.
- Thierry Marie: French cyclist, who won the Tour de France prologue three times in his career, and because of that wore the yellow jersey in those three years, for seven days in total.
- George Michael: Greek-British singer and songwriter, always bearded with stubble and a tough-guy persona. Michael made his debut with WHAM!, a pop-soul duo with Andrew Ridgeley whom he met at school in 1975, when they first began to work together. Their first band, The Executive, 1979, signed a long-term publishing deal with Morrison Leahy in 1982, but it was as Wham! that they became Britain's most successful pop duo of the '80s.
- Doug Gilmour: Kingston, Ontario -- NHL center (Toronto Maple Leafs)
- John Hickey: American actor
- Jackie Swanson: American actress
- JFK speaks at Pauls Church in Frankfurt
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?