Wednesday 25 June 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet by Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Death Rides a Horse, directed by Giulio Petroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1969 ?
- Hunter Foster: American actor and singer.
- Zim Zum: American guitarist and songwriter (The Pop Culture Suicides).
- Alina Ivanova: Ukraine -- Race walker (indoor 3K world record).
- Armand Benneker: Dutch soccer player (MVV).
- Jurgen Streppel: Soccer player (Telstar / RKC).
- Matt Gallant: American television host
- Longest tennis match in Wimbeldon history, Pancho Gonzalez beats Charles Pasarell in 112 game marathon (5 hours 12 minues).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- Three Dog Night - One
- Desmond Dekker & the Aces - Israelites
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?