Sunday 25 June 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Duck, You Sucker, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1972 ?
- Amy Wickus: Baraboo, Wisconsin -- 800m / 1500m runner.
- Mike Kroeger: Bassist.
- Carlos Delgado: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico -- Infielder (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Saif Gaddafi: Libyan engineer and politician.
- Hediyeh Tehrani: Iranian award-winning film actress known for her willingness to play mysterious, stony-faced and cold-hearted women.
- Jan Matulka: Czech-American painter and illustrator (d. 1972).
- Bernice Gera becomes 1st female umpire in pro baseball
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?