Thursday 25 June 1992
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alix Coburn and Madison Shipman.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Be There (Live-Unplugged) by Mariah Carey.
In UK Abba-esque (EP) by Erasure was in the top 5 hits.
A League of Their Own, directed by Penny Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Oh by Dr. Seuss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jack's Place.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bazooka Blitzkrieg or Dig & Spike Volleyball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1992!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1992 ?
Famous Birthdays:25 June
- Les Miserables, opens at Vinorhady Theatre, Prague
- Alexanders Department store closes all 11 stores
- STS 50 launches (Columbia)
- Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC) founded.
- Denmark beats Germany 2–0 to win the 1992 UEFA European Football Championship at Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- United States Secretary of the Navy Henry L. Garrett III resigns in the wake of the Tailhook scandal.
- Estonia holds a referendum on its constitution, that will come into effect on July 3.
- Junko Tabei scales Puncak Jaya to become the first woman to complete the Seven Summits.
- A bodyguard assassinates President Mohamed Boudiaf of Algeria.
- The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the 1973 decision of ''Roe v. Wade'' in ''Planned Parenthood v. Casey'', a 5-4 decision.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 June 1992
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- I'll Be There (Live-Unplugged) - Mariah Carey
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Celine Dion - If You Asked Me To
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- Arrested Development - Tennessee
- Luther Vandross - The Best Things In Life Are Free
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?