Wednesday 25 March 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1908 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Sir David Lean: English film director (d. 1991).
- Helmut Kautner: German actor and director (d. 1980).
- Bernard Jensen: American advocate of health through diet whose products can be found in health-food stores.
- Helmut Käutner: German actor, director and screenwriter, he became a leading German director of the postwar period partly due to his noncollaboration with the Nazis.
- David Lean: English film director, producer, screenwriter and editor, best remembered for big-screen epics such asThe Bridge on the River Kwai (1957),Lawrence of Arabia (1962), and Doctor Zhivago (1965); for perhaps the most highly regarded of all the adaptations of Dickens' novels with Great Expectations (1946) and Oliver Twist (1948); and for the renowned romantic drama Brief Encounter (1945).
- Henri Rochereau: Chantonay Politician
- Durham Stevens: American lawyer and diplomat (d. 1908).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 March 1908
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?