Wednesday 25 March 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marthe Robert and Norman E.
The Mysterious X, directed by Benjamin Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1914 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Marthe Robert: Essayist / translator.
- Norman E: Borlaug US agriculture scientist (Nobel Prize 1970).
- Jean Baroncelli: French writer and cinema critic.
- Norman Borlaug: American biologist, humanitarian and Nobel laureate who has been called "the father of the Green Revolution", "agriculture's greatest spokesperson" and "The Man Who Saved A Billion Lives".
- Denis Peploe: Denis Peploe was an Edinburgh painter and sculptor known for his landscapes of Scotland.
- Frederic Mistral: French writer, a poet who compiled a Provencal dictionary and devoted his life to the revival of the Provencal language and customs.
- The Greek multisport club Aris Thessaloniki is founded.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 March 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Aboard for Dixie Land - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
- Somewhere a Voice is Calling - Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?