Sunday 25 March 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Safety Last!, directed by Fred Neymeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1923 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Lee Hale: Tacoma, Washington -- Choral director (The Entertainers).
- Wim Van Est [Locomotief / Pletmolen]: Dutch cyclist.
- Lee Hale in Tacoma: Washington, USA; choral director (The Entertainers).
- Wim Van Est: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Bonnie Guitar: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Kenneth Franklin: American scientist, and educator and chief astronomer at Hayden Planetarium in New York City. Earning his Ph.D. in 1953, he was co-discoverer of radio emissions from Jupiter in 1955. He was the chief consultant on all things astronomical for the NY Times for many years. The renowned astronomer is credited with helping pinpoint the first noise known to have come from another planet and inventing a watch for use on the moon. For the Hayden Planetarium, he wrote and presented astronomical shows, in
- British government grants Trans-Jordan autonomy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When Hearts are Young - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- He Loves It - Eddie Cantor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 March 1923 and get them!