Thursday 25 March 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Waxworks, directed by Leo Birinsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1926 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Michel Bataille: French writer, an award-winning novelist.
- Jaime Sabines: Mexican contemporary poet.
- Laszlo Papp in Hungary Olympics boxer (gold-1948: 1952, 1956).
- Riz Ortolani: Italian composer and conductor (d. 2014).
- László Papp: Hungarian boxer (d. 2003).
- Gene Shalit: American journalist and critic
- Hans Rausing: Swedish / British industrial / billionaire (Tetra Pak)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Little Bungalow - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Carolina Stomp - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?